SUNDAY DETAILS 7/15-7/21
1. Refreshment Fellowship: 9:45am – 10:15am: Due to the large number of members traveling, we will cancel Sunday School one more time. In the place of Sunday School, the church will provide drinks and possibly some fruit for a 9:45am refreshment fellowship. If you would like, you can add to the food with breakfast snacks (muffins, biscuits, bagels, etc.). The service will start as usual at 10:30am.
2. Worship Service: 10:30am— The Freedom of Repentance; Luke 13:1-17 (Pastor Stephen Mee)
3. Care Groups— Check with your group leader about the details of your gathering.
1. No Wednesday Gatherings (July 18)— There will be no Student Gathering or Ladies Titus 2 on Wednesday. The ladies recently completed their study through Hebrews. They will take July off and resume on August 1. The student water night will take the place of the Wednesday gathering.
2. Fountains of Franklin: Next Sunday, 10:30 PM— Join our group at the nearby assisted living center for singing, prayer, and a short sermon.
3. Student Water Night, July 24, 5-6:30 PM— Invite your friends to our water night! We will have food, a huge Slip ’n’ Slide, and play other water games as well. If you are moving into 7th grade, we hope you can join us for this night as an introduction to the Student group! Please wear a dark shirt and shorts, and bring a towel and change of clothes. Each student will need a parent to sign a release form.
4. Workday & Waterslide, July 28, 8 AM-2 PM— You may have noticed that our flower beds and playground are badly in need of attention. We will spend the morning weeding and mulching the beds. Around noon, the church will provide lunch, and families can cool down as they enjoy the waterslide together.
5. Member Meeting/Potluck/Lord’s Supper, August 5— Mark your calendar for our quarterly evening potluck/member meeting on August 5 at 5pm. These are important gatherings as we discuss the body-life of the church and the mission God has given us. In this meeting we will vote on the constitution change surrounding the terminology concerning elders. We presented this last week and will address it again in Care Groups.
6. The Cline’s Candidate School July 6-19— Please pray for Greg and Brittney as they spend another week with their mission board, ABWE, in Pennsylvania and DC. This week they were officially accepted by ABWE! We look forward to the Clines beginning the process of traveling to churches and raising support over the next year.
o 7/25 Men’s Timothy Training
o 7/28 Workday and Waterslide
o 7/30-8/4 Teen Camp
o 8/5 Member Meeting/ Evening Potluck